Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Simple White Ruffle Tees

Now that Kids Clothes Week is over, it's time to get back to blogging about some of the other items I have made for the girls this spring!  First up is a huge staple in their wardrobe - the basic white tee.


Since white goes with basically everything, I feel like you can't have too many plain white tees.  That doesn't mean you can't make them fun!  For this one, I used Whimsy Couture's Terrific Tee pattern.  It's such a quick sew, you can churn out t-shirts by the truckload!  


To make the ruffled front, I cut the shirt pattern pieces and then cut 3 strips of white knit that were 2" wide and about twice the width of the front bodice.  I gathered the strips until the just hung over the edge of the bodice, pinned them in place and stitched them down right over the gathering stitches.  I assembled the rest of the shirt according to the pattern directions and voila!  A super cute ruffle tee in no time at all!


This white knit was a total steal, people.  I found it on a clearance fabric end cap at Walmart for $1.50 a yard.  Seriously.  I bought 3 yards and I wish I had bought more.  I made these shirts, plus a pair of long sleeved ones that are completely plain.  Those long sleeved shirts are like gold around here.  It's a loooong winter in the midwest and spring and fall can be pretty chilly so we do a lot of layering!  I still have some of the knit left and I'm sure more t-shirts are on the horizon!


The ridiculously cute jean skirts are from Old Navy.  3T skirt, 4T shirt...these girls are a bit long in the torso.  Toddler belly alert!


Love it.  Happy Wednesday and Happy May, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!