Friday, May 3, 2013

Amy Butler Capri Overalls

My mom really loves overalls on little girls.  I remember having several pairs as a child and now it seems I'm bringing the 80s back with my new-found love of overalls!  I told you I would be making this Whimsy Couture pattern again and here it is!


Oh my word, people, these are so cute!  They are so play-friendly but still cute enough for going out places. The fabric is of course the divine Morning Glory from Amy Butler's Lotus collection.  It's one of my all time favorites.


The girls seem to share this family love for overalls.  They wore the corduroy ones at least weekly while it was cold and they were immediately in love with these spring/summer ones!


I searched a bit for just the right buttons and I really love these flower-impressed ones I found at JoAnn's.  The buttons really needed to be red, don't you think?



There was much happy running and playing in these!  Of course it was also one of the first days we finally could get outside this spring, so that might have had something to do with their energy and enthusiasm!  It's totally fine because I love watching the little ruffles swing as they run!



The leaves are turning green here, the sun it out and the temps are rising!  I think spring is finally really here!  Yay!!  As my girls would say, let's run and jump and play!


2 comments:

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!