Monday, April 22, 2013

Kids Clothes Week is Here!

Woot woot!  It's time once again for Kids Clothes Week!


Not sure what it's all about?  Head over to the Kids Clothes Week Blog to find out more!  Basically you set a goal to sew kids clothing for one hour each day for seven days.  If you haven't been following along, there is a fun change for this year!  There will now be FOUR Kids Clothes Weeks throughout the year!  Each season will have it's own week.  Basically every week of the year is Kids Clothes Week for me, haha!  I sew almost daily and it's usually kid-related, but this is a good week to set some goals.  I tend to sew whatever I feel like sewing...even if there is something more pressing at hand!  This week I picked 3 pieces of clothing that need to get made plus one thing that needs to be mended.  My goal is to use the Kids Clothes Week to make sure these items get finished instead of just picking and choosing what looks like the most fun from the endless sewing pile!

First up, I have a bundle of pink terry cloth that needs to become a pair of bathing suit cover ups for my girlies!  They've had these adorable ones from Old Navy for the past couple of years but they have outgrown them and it's time for some new ones.  I'm going to try and recreate the style because the girls LOVED those cover ups.  Also in this photo is my very minor mending project - the little metal tab on these capris came loose, so I need to stitch it back on!  Should be a piece of cake, but it seems like those little projects always end up at the bottom of the pile!


I also need to get a few more dresses done (shocker).  On the left is the super fun Michael Miller print Lil Plain Jane paired with Dumb Dot in red.  This is going to be a pillowcase dress for a dear friend's new baby girl!  On the right is a gorgeous pink and green paisley paired with a green dot print that my mom and I picked up at JoAnn's last year.  I held onto it all winter since the colors were so springy, but I'm finally cutting into it and making some dresses for my girls with it.  


I mentally went through several different dress designs for the pink paisley but in the end I decided the busy print would look best as a nice simple pillowcase dress.  What's on your list for the week?  I can't wait to see what everyone is making!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!