Monday, April 29, 2013

KCW Spring 2013 Wrap Up

I love Kids Clothes Week!  Whether or not you got your one hour a day of sewing in or not, I think it's a great motivator to get moving on some projects!  It's also such a fun way to share with like-minded people...people who think making beautiful, handmade items for our littles is fun, important and rewarding!  

Although I didn't sew on Thursday or Sunday, I definitely managed more than 7 total hours this week, so I'm calling it a success.  I also got a few things crossed of my sewing to-do list, which is always a good feeling!  I finished a sweet baby gift for a dear friend.


I got the girls ready for pool season with some Old Navy knock-off swim cover ups!


I even pulled something from the dreaded mending pile and got it fixed and back into circulation :)


And finally I got the girls into one more set of spring/summer dresses that will get tons of wear this year!


Overall that's a total of 5 complete garments, one headband and one mended pair of capris.  Not bad for a week's work!  I hope everyone had a super successful Kids Clothes Week!  Browsing the flickr group has been amazing this spring!  Great work, everyone!  Now it's back to our regularly scheduled sewing...of kids clothes, haha!  Actually I have something on the docket for myself, which is amazing.  I'm really trying to make an effort to make more things for myself.  If you haven't checked out Project Sewn yet, it might be just the motivation you need to move away from the kiddo sewing pile and make something lovely for yourself!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!