Friday, April 26, 2013

KCW Days 3 & 4

Day 3 was a good solid workday for me.  I actually put in a little over two hours since I knew I couldn't sew on Thursday, so this counts for days 3 & 4 :)  I finished up the bathing suit cover ups, just in time for a visit with my parents and some pool time!


The girls were beyond excited to be going swimming, so when I said "wait, I just need to take a couple of pictures first!!" my words were not met with enthusiasm.  I did managed to get a couple of quick shots and then they were gone.  Also, apparently one of them became a stork somewhere in the process, haha!

   
I am really pleased with the final result of these cover ups!  They are a little big, but that's what I was going for.  I made a 4T because these girls grow like weeds and I am really hoping the cover ups will last for this summer and next summer.  I used this free pattern and just added the ruffled neckline myself.  I love how fun and cute using the variegated thread for the rolled hem turned out the ruffles!  You'll never find that in a store bought garment!


It's a kid-approved garment, too.  The girls didn't want to take it off after trying it on, so that's always a good sign.  It will be nice and cozy when they get out of the pool this summer.  Are anyone else's kids always totally shivering in the pool?  These two need some body fat to keep them warm!  Well, that's one very useful piece of clothing made!  This weekend I'm going to work on some pillowcase dresses, which aren't truly a necessity, but they'll be cute :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!