Friday, April 5, 2013

Busy Doing...Nothing

I feel like I should start this post with "it's been a quiet week in Lake Wobegon  my hometown."  That reference won't be lost on everyone, I hope :)  After the absolute craziness that Easter week was for us, it's been nice to kind of decompress a bit this week.  We've done a little shopping, done a little crafting (toddler-style...with many, many stickers and stamps) and just relaxed a bit.


The weather in the midwest has been predictably unpredictable.  We've played in several inches of snow in the past couple of weeks and also broken out the new spring jackets and ran around in the sunshine and 60 degree weather.  


I've been doing tons of sewing, although I have very few pictures to show for it.  I posted the sunsuits I made on facebook and got several orders, so I've been ruffling my life away.  Once more, just for the sheer cuteness.


I'm also working on the girls' spring and summer dresses and of course keeping up with any Etsy orders that come my way.  I was asked to make a matching diaper cover for a dress recently, but she wanted a little ruffle at the leg.  


I'm not ashamed to say that I really struggled with this.  I figured it would be a piece of cake, but trying to figure out how to modify the standard diaper cover pattern to get enough extra fabric at the leg to make a ruffle was really tough on my poor brain.  I searched for a pattern that included the leg ruffle but just didn't see anything.  If anyone has one they can point me to, I would love it!  They turned out fine, but seriously...it wasn't easy.


And that's a wrap from our corner of the world!  I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!