Wednesday, March 6, 2013

It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday

It's the time of year again for the semi-annual children's clothing and equipment resale for the local Mothers of Multiples Club that we're in.  Since I'm slightly obsessive about matching the girls' clothes, this sale is a great chance for me to unload my matching stuff to twin mamas who I know will appreciate it!  


When it comes to the girls' store bought clothing, I don't really get attached to anything.  They've had some incredibly cute outfits, but nothing I felt like I absolutely needed to save.  Their handmade items are a different story.  Not only have I invested time and money into making these outfits, a lot of love goes into them as well.  


Some of the more "everyday wear" shirts and skirts don't really tug at my heart when I pull them out of the boxes, but then there are those special dresses...the ones I really worked hard on, or the girls wore them for a special occasion, or they are just favorites to us.


These are outfits that will not be sold at the resale.  There is no way I could tag them for a few dollars and let them go.  Eventually I will steel my heart a bit, put a price on them and sell them to friends.  It will hurt a bit, but I know I can't keep everything or I will end up with boxes and boxes of keepsakes like some crazy cat clothing lady.


So, how about everyone else?  Do you have boxes of the clothes you've made your kids that you just can't part with?  Or do you sell it/give it away without a second thought?  Are you overly attached to clothing items?  I'd love to hear your thoughts.  

In other news, the girls are turning 3 next week and aside from the resale, we have their birthday party, 3 year checkup with the pediatrician and the actual big day of birth itself, so I'm going to take a bit of break here to focus on all of that.  I will be back on March 18.  Until then, I hope you all have a lovely couple of weeks!

3 comments:

  1. Apparently I'm not just overly attached to some of my kids clothing but I'm attached to others clothing as well. I freaked out a little when I saw the title of your post and the photo underneath it.

    I was like SHE CANT SELL THOSE DRESSES!!! (really you can't...they are to darling and your girls will want them when they are older and have babies of their own)

    So...um...after all that I guess what I am saying is I fully support the saving of clothing you have emotional attachments to.
    -liZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never sell my handmade creations that i made for my daughters.. i always just GIVE them to someone whom i personally know, someone who will appreciate the love and attention that went into it... usually to nieces who are thrilled to get hold of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just having this conversation! I sold some sleep sacks I made for my little boy when he was still a baby enough to need them, but my sewing has improved since then. (They weren't bad, or anything, just not multiple day projects.) Now that I'm starting to make things that garner more "you MADE that?" comments (and that I've put a lot of creativity into), I'm getting attached. What to do? I still have no idea.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!