Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easter Dresses 2013

Happy Easter!  Despite the winter-like days we've been having recently, it's actually in the low 50s here and we are ready for Easter weekend!


I am really happy to have finally made the Coraline Dress!  This adorable tutorial from Jess over at CINO is another winner!  I've had the fabric in my stash and the tutorial bookmarked for quite some time and I love how it all came together.


There are some beautiful details on this dress.  It's very feminine with the ruffles but they aren't overwhelming.  The bodice of this dress takes a bit of time because of the ruffles, bias bindings, the button placket, etc., but it's so worth it!


We may have to sport leggings and "regular" shoes this weekend, but come summer, this will be such a lovely and light dress.  Also good for baby karate?  I'm not sure what this pose is!


The fabric is a quilting cotton from JoAnn's and even though I've had it for awhile, I think I've actually seen it there recently.  Tiffany blue and pale pink?  Definitely perfect for spring!



So, we photographed a couple of different outfits this day and while sometimes this super cuteness happens...


Most of the time, this happens.


Happy Easter, everyone :)

3 comments:

  1. I *do* think you have an unfair advantage in the cute model department, given the double-adorable vision here, but what a nice job you did with this! Great execution and I love that fabric. I'm not a huge fan of pink, but it's so nice in these spring-y, ice cream-y pastels with a great compliment in the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable dresses!! I have twins too and have to sew double although they are 8 now and don't want to dress the same.... And they wear different sizes. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute! Hope your Easter was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!