Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Mommy & Me Outfits

My incredibly adorable sister-in-law recently asked me if I could make some coordinating outfits for their family photos.  I was super excited to be able to do this for them!  My niece is about 5 months older than my girls and I wish we lived closer so they could be close friends!  I sent pictures of lots of fabric options to my SIL and we ended up with this gorgeous sunny yellow print!


The fabric is a Lisette print I found at JoAnn's - Yellow Medallions, I believe was the name.  Yes, that is my SIL's top on the left and my niece's 4T dress on the right.  My SIL is a petite gal and my niece is crazy tall!


Since they live quite far from us, I had to get one of my girls to model the dress.  It's a bit big on her, but still cute :)



I used Little Lizard King's Brooke Peasant Dress for the dress pattern but switched up the bottom band to a ruffle, which I really like.  I love the short flutter sleeve option as well...very simple and cute.


For my SIL's top, I used New Look 6892, view B.  This was a super easy pattern to sew up.  I actually disregarded the directions a bit because I put together so many peasant tops/dresses for little girls.  That's really nothing new, though...I tend to ignore most sewing directions from commercial patterns and do it my own way!!



I had a local petite friend try it on for me and it seemed to fit well.  The bad thing about sewing for someone who is far away is the fear that something won't fit quite right!  I'm really looking forward to seeing their family pictures to see how everything looks.


Such a happy fabric!  I hope they love their outfits as much as I enjoyed making them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!