Monday, January 28, 2013

My (Massive) Project for the New Year

The girls will be turning 3 soon (envision this mama crying inside as she types this...they are growing up too fast!).  They are actually still in their cribs and quite happy there.  Actually, everyone in the house is happy with it, so we're sticking with it for now.  Eventually I know we're going to have to make the switch to big girl beds, so enter my big undertaking for 2013. 

I saw this gorgeous tutorial for a gathered duvet cover on The Train to Crazy when Andrea posted it last summer and I was in love.  The style is so perfect for the big girl room I envision for my babies.  When it comes to colors, I'm more of a shabby chic kind of girl, though, so I wanted to make it from vintage linens.  I love the gorgeous florals you can find with vintage linens!  I was totally shocked and so thrilled when I opened up a big box from my best friends on my birthday and found it chock full of gorgeous vintage fat quarters!!


There are a couple of sheets I need to cut up myself, but a bunch of them are already cut into fat quarters, which will save me a ton of time.


The colors are so gorgeous!  I am so excited to start putting them all together and see the final blend of these pretty fabrics.


Also, I apparently need to iron them, haha!


This beauty here is my flat out favorite.  I love them all, but this one...wow.  I could look at it all day.  And when the day comes (possibly months from now!) that I finish these quilts, I can do just that!


Perfection.  I'm so excited to see the finished project, but between then and now, I have a lot of work in front of me.  I'm super grateful for my serger right now because it is going to seriously speed up the gathering process.  I will post some WIP pics as I get going on this.  I can't wait to share!

1 comment:

  1. Ohh, how exciting! I can't wait to see the finished quilts!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!