Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy New Year! Let's Talk About Christmas :)

I'm so happy be back here with my bloggy friends!  December just was not my month between surgery and then we finished up the year with me and the girls all having a yucky cold.  January 1st really felt like a fresh start as I was finally feeling better and ready to start over!

I barely touched my sewing machine in December since I was feeling less than stellar most of the time and I really missed it!  Thankfully I had finished the girls' Christmas dresses in November and we had our family photos taken.  I never did get a chance to do my own photoshoot with the girls, so some of these are from our family pictures and one straggly one is from the lunch with Santa we went to at my husband's work.



The fabric is Michael Miller Yule Trees paired with Dumb Dot in Red.  I was instantly in love when I saw this fabric online!  It's so whimsical and festive without being overly Christmassy.  


I used my old standby pillowcase dress pattern and just paired it with a long sleeved t-shirt and some tights since it's way too chilly in the midwest!


The girls loved these dresses and we got to wear them several times, which is always nice with a holiday dress!  These two grow so fast there is no way they'll fit again next year :(


I made a quick little clip to match - just a fabric rosette on a lined alligator clip.  Simple, but a nice touch with the busy fabric, I think.


Happy dresses for happy girls!  Since I never shared any of my Christmas projects, I'm going to bombard you this week with my handmade Christmas stuff, then I promise we'll move on to 2013!  I hope everyone is having a good start to the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!