Friday, January 11, 2013

Handmade Christmas Gifts: Grown Up Edition

Today I'm sharing the Christmas gifts I made for the grown up people in my life!  I have had the tutorial for these adorable hanging kitchen towels bookmarked for some time now and I was super excited to make some for my mom for Christmas!


My mom and I often joke that adults should get "anniversary showers" since after several years of marriage, some home items can start to look a little dingy.  That's certainly the case with the kitchen hand towels in our home and I knew my mom would appreciate a little update to hers too.  She absolutely loved them and I can't wait to make some for myself!


I picked up the kitchen towels at Walmart and used fabric from my stash for the tops.  The green is a fat quarter I got at Walmart ages ago, the center fabric is Amy Butler's Morning Glory in Linen and the right hand floral is a really fun bright print from the quilting cotton section at JoAnn's, but I think it's discontinued now :(

In the last-minute gifts department, I made these absolutely adorable clutches for my best friends!


The link to the tutorial popped up on someone's blog the week before Christmas and I knew I had found the perfect gift for my best gal pals.  It was a super quick sew and such a useful and cute gift.  


These were definitely last-minute, so I used all fabrics from my stash.  For the first one, I used some dark gray linen and made the bow and lining from some scraps of a Lisette cotton lawn I got at JoAnn's awhile back.


This red and white cuteness actually came from Walmart.  It's a thicker canvas-like fabric that I made a tote bag from once.  The bow is just some solid red broadcloth and it's lined in a fun red and white stripe that came from a vintage pillowcase.  I totally neglected to photograph the insides!  Oops!

These were fun and easy to sew gifts and I'd definitely recommend both tutorials!  Now that we're halfway into January, I believe that closes out my Christmas posts, haha!  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!