Wednesday, October 10, 2012

KCWC Fall 2012 Day 3

It's a good thing I like ruffles because my sewing area is littered with them right now!  The legging project is coming along well and despite a bit of a chilly wind, I got the girls outside to photograph their off white ruffled pair.  


I'm very happy with how they turned out and I'm glad I only did two tiers of ruffles for them.  Three might have been a bit overwhelming on their little legs!


The dress is a knot dress that I actually made at the end of the summer to go in my Etsy shop.  I intended the girls to wear it next summer, but the colors are so lovely for fall, I ended up making pieces to go with it to make it work in the cooler temps.  


The leggings were my main focus, but at the last minute I ended up making a quick peasant top to go underneath.  I used some of my favorite fabric, thrifted sheets!  I had an off white sheet that matched the leggings perfectly, so I quickly threw the peasant top together.  Seriously, they are so easy to make!


The top is super soft and lightweight and works perfectly to cover their arms so they can wear this dress during the fall.  The girls really love this outfit!


Okay, even though the dress does not count for KCWC, I had to share some pics of it because it's so gorgeous!  The fabric is from Joel Dewberry's Heirloom collection.  The bodice is Tile Flourish in Amber and the skirt is Ornate Floral in Amber.  I have been in love with this fabric for a looooooong time.


Disregard the hot pink hairbow...we were shooting a couple of different outfits today!  I am finishing up a tutorial for a skirt I made and will plan on having that for you tomorrow!  

1 comment:

  1. I love this fabric line! I have some in my closet just waiting to be used!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!