Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Craft Time: Our New Favorite Thing!

I picked up a few new craft supplies for the girls last week and suddenly craft time has become an oft-requested thing!  The younger twin seems to especially like it and has repeatedly asked to "make craft?" over the past few days.  That's my girl :)  

Saturday morning they both asked to make a craft, so I grabbed some paper, glue and scissors and we went to town while Daddy took pictures!  I cut out some paper for them and had them help me with some blunt-tipped scissors I got them.  I have to say, I was incredibly impressed by how well the older twin did with cutting.  We've only done it once before and she was already opening and closing the scissors when told to and cutting along the line...wow!  

Then there was gluing.


 Then there was more gluing (who knew glue sticks were so much fun?).


This was promptly followed by more gluing, along with the incredibly important decisions about where to place the paper circles.


I had to get involved to help glue on the googly eyes because those things just do not stick with glue stick.


 Add some legs, and we have a cow!  Well, two cows, actually.


We had a couple of rousing renditions of "Old MacDonald Had a Farm" and I'm calling this craft a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!