Monday, October 29, 2012

A Simple Skirt for Fall

Recently I hosted a sewing night for my MOPS group.  I'll be sharing more about that later, but when we were done sewing, there was some extra fabric and of course I thought "oh, the girls could use a new skirt!"  Mmm hmm...the girls need a new skirt like I need a large slice of vanilla bean cheesecake.  But...skirts like this are so easy to do and the fabric was there, so why not?  


Apparently there was something truly fascinating over in the neighbor's yard!  I found the fabric in the quilting cottons section at JoAnn's.  I think the print is so lovely and the colors are perfect for fall.


I made it a tad long because the girls seem to keep growing taller but they never get bigger in the waist.  While I love these colors for fall, I do think the pink flowers will carry the gray background right into next spring and summer as well!


My best friends got the girls these little purses last spring and the girls decided they needed a purse for this photoshoot.  I guess a cute skirt makes you feel like heading out and about!


Looks like it's leaf raking time!  Or, leaf-ripping-apart time if you're 2 years old :)


Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!