Tuesday, August 21, 2012

T-Shirt Scarves

I've seen these adorable scarves popping up all over Pinterest, so the other day I raided my old t-shirt stash and whipped up a couple for the girls!  


There are tons of tutorials out there and they all basically say the same thing, so I won't detail the process here, but I essentially used this method.  The only change I made was to use a 7" circular template for cutting my circles instead of the 9" that most tutorials recommend.  Since they were for the girls, I didn't need the strips of fabric hitting their knees!


The pouty lower lip you see pretty much sums up how the older twin felt about being forced to model a scarf when she was super busy relocating the stones from our landscaping.  It also explains why the scarf is just barely hanging around her neck and is not styled in any sort of cute way!


I got two toddler scarves out of two adult t-shirts and I would definitely recommend large or x-large so you have enough to cut your circles.  I did about 10 circles for each scarf.  


I filled out the green & white striped one with some plain white.  I think it will be adorable with a white t-shirt and a denim jacket!




It looks pretty stellar with the blue and white gingham bermuda shorts, though...haha!  I think I am ready for fall!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!