Monday, July 2, 2012

Sewing for Me: Made by Rae's Spring Ruffle Top

Since the girls were born, I've sewn fairly exclusively for them.  This summer I've been making a few things for myself and I decided to share them on the blog this week!

The first thing I made was Rae's Spring Ruffle Top.  


This was a pretty easy top to put together and it's perfect for this insane heat we're having in the midwest!  I used some gorgeous Lisette cotton lawn in a gold and white floral/leaf print.  It is so soft and light!  For the accent fabric I snagged the trim fabric off a gold and white vintage sheet (you knew I had to put a vintage sheet in there somewhere, right?).  


Rae includes instructions for adding shaping to the top and I definitely wouldn't skip this step.  The shaping helps the it look a lot less maternity-ish.  Actually, if you made it a bit longer, this could be a nice maternity top!

The top pleats were simple to make and add a nice touch over the usual gathering that you see.  I also like the ruffled straps, although you have the option of leaving those off if you're not a ruffle person.  

Thanks to my dad for standing out in the 106 degree heat to take pictures for me :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!