Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sewing for Me: A Little Design for Mama

More sewing for me - this time a dress!


I fell in love with this lovely cotton print at JoAnn's and decided to use it for myself!  It's cotton, but it almost looks and feels like linen.  The print is so fun and I love the colors!

This was the first time I've ever made myself something without a pattern, so I was a little nervous, but it turned out great!  I had the design idea in my head and it all worked out so well!  I love the little ruffle at the top of the bodice and the ribbon at the waist is definitely me :) 


I made it with the straps knowing I would always wear a cardigan over it...I'm just not one to wear strappy stuff out in public, especially church where this dress will most often be worn.  But, for the sake of seeing how the dress looks minus the sweater, I will share one photo.


I even put an invisible zipper in the back and it doesn't look terrible.  I misjudged the ribbon/zipper situation, but that part is covered by my cardigan anyway!

I've already worn it to church and to my niece's wedding and I know this one will get a lot of wear!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!