Monday, July 23, 2012

July, She Will Fly...

The old Simon & Garfunkel song "April, Come She Will" has been running through my head for the past week as July has been disappearing before my eyes - "July, she will fly and give no warning to her flight."  Why does summer always go so fast? 

I've been busy sewing and having summer fun with the girls, although I don't have much to show you right now!  One of my major projects has been sewing up some skirts for Simple Simon's Skirting the Issue.  I'm ready to photograph and share, but this insane midwest drought has finally been broken by some rain, so we're indoors for now!

I've also been making and posting a bunch of new dresses for my Etsy shop, which has been a lot of fun!  I think this one is my favorite!  The fabric is from Joel Dewberry's Heirloom collection and the pattern is Little Lizard King's knot dress.

Photo courtesy Shannon Miller Photography



In other news, I am so grateful to have a handy husband!  I won't get into technical details, but my sewing machine was having a serious issue and I was pretty concerned it wasn't fixable.  My awesome hubby, who has probably never even touched a sewing machine in his life, took a quick look and had it fixed in 5 minutes!  Woohoo!  So, a big online shout out to my hubby - thanks honey!  You're awesome!

I promise I'll have more sewing stuff for you soon...in the meantime, I hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

1 comment:

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!