Friday, June 1, 2012

Junebug Remix: Part 2

During the last season of Project Run & Play, we were challenged to remix Jess of CINO's super cute Junebug Dress.  I made a fun little shirt, which a friend from church saw and admired.  She asked me to make a version for her 6 year old, only with it turned back into a dress.  So, the Junebug Remix and been remixed yet again!


This may rank right up there as the most sugary sweet pink confection of a dress I have ever made, but I kind of love it.  The fabric is a Signature Cotton from JoAnn's and the ribbon and ric rac are sewn right on the fabric. 


As with my Junebug Remix shirt, I added ruffles to the front bodice.  This time instead of folding the ruffle strip in half lengthwise and then ruffling, I used one layer of fabric and did a rolled hem with my serger.  I did the same for the little cap sleeves.



I removed the tie from the bottom band and instead made a rather long sash that ties in the back.  I sandwiched the end of the ties into the bodice sides before sewing them up.



I really like the look of the ribbon and ric rac on the bias.  I think it creates some nice texture to the dress.  Plus, it's super girly, which I know my friend's daughter will love!



I'm hiding it from my girls, because I know my equally girly younger twin will want one!  


Have a great weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I LOVE this dress- super girly, and after having a few boys, I now have a daughter. And she is a girly-girl! Is there a pattern for this dress? I'm going to attempt to copy it, if that's okay. Right down to the fabric- thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie! Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you are enjoying my blog! The original Junebug dress pattern was posted by Jess at Craftiness is Not Optional here - http://www.craftinessisnotoptional.com/2011/07/junebug-dress-sew-along-part-1-pattern.html. She has a pattern for a size 2T/3T you can download or she also shows how to draft your own. I don't have a pattern for how I made my changes, but if you go to this post of mine, I kind of detail how I did it. http://doublestitching.blogspot.com/2012/01/project-run-play-sew-along-week-1.html That version was a shirt, so there are more changes in this post to turn it back into a dress!! :) Let me know if you have questions on how I did any of the specific parts! Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. that is adorable!! You have inspired me to pull out my sewing machine! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!