It's flower planting time here in the midwest. The windows are open, the breeze is sweet and it's a good day to have some little ruffled bloomers on!
Unfortunately, I don't think I could get away with this look, but they are super cute for little baby and toddler bums. I made these for a client and I can't wait to see her cutie pie in them.
The first pair is in Alexander Henry's ever popular Kleo fabric. I used the floral for both the main and the ruffle pieces. For the body of the diaper cover, I used Dana's tutorial. I would suggest comparing the size against an existing diaper cover if you use her pattern, as I personally felt it was a bit large. I cut some off of the 18-24 month size and this is for a 3 year old.
This adorable gray and pink fabric is some quilting cotton from JoAnn's. I used it for the girls' birthday skirts (thinking of doing a tutorial on those since I had some requests...stay tuned!). For the ruffle part of the cover, I pretty much winged it, but it wasn't too difficult. I cut some 2" strips, did a rolled hem on my serger, and then also used the serger to ruffle them up. I evenly spaced them out and stitched them down to the back piece. I did this before assembling the cover, so be careful with your bottom ruffle. If it hangs too far down, you'll end up getting it caught in the casing for the leg elastic. Learned that the hard way :)
Love, love, love summer clothes!