Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Dresses!

 
I've had The Party Dress by Lindsay at The Cottage Home bookmarked for the longest time and I am so excited to finally have made this adorable pattern!  Not only is there a full tutorial, but she's also included a pattern up through size 5!  So awesome!

The dress came together beautifully and Lindsay's instructions are so clear and easy to follow.


I love the huge bow in the back and the sweet little covered buttons.  I think they make the dress super special.


The sash has a cute little pleat on the side and I love that it's attached.  That makes life just a little easier with toddlers!  


I picked up this fabric at JoAnn's sometime last year in the quilting cotton section.  I actually think it's still available.  It's just a JoAnn's brand print, but I love it!  I seems perfect for Easter with the lilies and the gorgeous spring colors.


I had to make a matching headband, of course!  It's a bit over the top, but it just wouldn't be me if it wasn't a little crazy!


Yeah, it's big.  I combined a few different flower types and hot glued them all to some felt and a piece of elastic.  I might do a tute if anyone is interested.


I hope everyone has a great Easter weekend with your families!  


2 comments:

  1. Just beutiful! You did an amazing job and those fabrics are perfect. A big thank you for sharing this with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, these are precious! I'm definitely going to give this one a try. thanks! I love your blog- just found it, and now I can't stop reading your older posts.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!