Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Two

Our sweet baby girls are 2 years old today!  It seems impossible to believe!  I guess they are big girls now, but they'll always be our babies :)

I made them a little outfit to celebrate their birthday!  They wore it for their party Saturday and to church on Sunday and they were so sweet in it.  They call it their "two shirt."


This was my second time doing an applique on a onesie and I'm definitely getting better at it!  I made the "2" out of matching fabric from their skirt, then added a little "cupcake" from the coordinating pink fabric and little poufy flowers.


The skirt cinches up on each side with grosgrain ribbon and the girls LOVE that ribbon!


I love the cherry blossom print on the overskirt fabric.  It has such a springtime feel!  It's just from the quilting cotton section at JoAnn's. 


I would say "how old are you going to be?" and they would just giggle.  Then I'd say "what's on your shirt?" and they'd yell out "TWO!" and point to their shirt :)


Toddler belly.  I love it.


I wondered how long the ribbons would stay tied.  I think it was about 3 minutes.  Then they had to run up and show me they were untied, but run away again if I tried to tie them.  I think I need to superglue them in a bow!


Happy Birthday, sweet girls!  Mommy & Daddy love you so much!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my stars! They are precious :) Please do a tutorial for that skirt! Pretty, pretty please!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these skirts and the tops are so cute. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!