Thursday, March 1, 2012

More Pinspiration

I saw this pin on Pinterest the other day and had one of those MUST. MAKE. NOW. moments.



The very next day, I spent about an hour and a half during the girls' naptime and made these!


They were pretty easy and I love how they turned out!  Now I can declutter my sewing area with something a bit cuter than plain diaper boxes.  I definitely think I'm going to have to make more of these.  After all, with 2 in diapers, we have diaper boxes coming out our ears!  

I basically used her tutorial for the outer covering, although I did it a bit my own way, as most crafters will tend to do!  I also just used a sheet from my stash instead of canvas!  The lining is also a vintage sheet.  Sometimes it's nice to have a stack of those on hand!  For the liners, I basically used this tutorial at Make It & Love It.  Now to fill them with my current projects and get that stuff off the floor!

PS - Don't forget to check out the post for the Haven Top Sew-Along!  Mark your calendars for March 7-9! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda! Your boxes turned out super cute... this project kind of makes me want to have those big pesky diaper boxes hanging about the place again! Love that you used vintage sheets!
    Cheers
    The Spangler
    @The Quick Unpick

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!