Monday, February 20, 2012

A Tiny Gift

A friend of mine from church is having a baby girl soon.  They already have a little boy who is just 10 days older than our girls, so it's been fun to see her anticipate the arrival of a little pink bundle of joy!  To help her celebrate, I made a little outfit for her soon-to-arrive sweetheart.


You may recognize the fabric from the corduroy peasant dresses I made our girls.  There were only a few tiny scraps left, but that's enough to make a skirt for an itty bitty one!  


I think the skirt is about 6" long...oh my goodness!  So tiny!


The shirt was my first attempt at appliqueing.  They are naming her Harper, so I wanted to make something both cute and personal for her.  It went pretty well, although I definitely learned a few things along the way.  I'm going to be appliqueing shirts for our girls' 2nd birthday, so I was glad for the chance to try out the technique.  



My favorite part is these adorable little shoes!  The outer fabric is the patterned corduroy I talked about in the corduroy peasant dress post, and the lining is a vintage floral pattern (shocker, I know).  It's soft and comfy and just right for those sweet little feet!  I didn't take a separate photo of the headband, but it's just a simple yo-yo flower sewn onto a crocheted headband.

I can't wait to see this baby girl in her new outfit...and I know her mama is ready for her to come soon!  Can't wait to meet you, Harper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!