Monday, February 27, 2012

Sew-Along Invitation: The Haven Top (March 7-9)

Ready for spring?  Want to make a cute top for the little spring flower in your life?  Then join me next week for a sew-along!  Introducing the Haven Top!


This is a square necked top with a bit of a modern feel.  After all the ruffles from my Signature Look, I felt like doing something a bit more streamlined.  


This is a great top for spring and summer.  The sleeves and hem are finished with a band of contrasting fabric.



The bodice features a bold fabric detail, also done in the contrasting color.  The bodice is also fully lined.


The back closes with two buttons, although don't let buttonholes keep you from making this top!  If you aren't comfortable with making buttonholes, you could also use snaps for the closure.


The sew-along will happen over 3 days next week, starting Wednesday March 7.  I'll walk you through making the pattern and cutting your pieces on day 1, assembling the bodice on day 2, and finishing the sleeves and "skirt" on day 3!  

To make this shirt, you will need the following materials:

Approximately 3/4 yard main fabric
Approximately 1/3 yard contrast fabric
Coordinating thread
2 coordinating buttons
Sewing stuff: machine, scissors, ruler (a rotary cutter and mat are very helpful too!)


I hope you will sew along with me!  Feel free to spread the word and invite your friends!  Grab your friends, neighbors, sisters and let's get sewing!

6 comments:

  1. Cool! i want to make a cute top!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an adorable top! I won't be able to sew-along but I'll definitely be checking back to see how you make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What size will we be abel to make with it, it is adorable?

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is absolutely adorable. I love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never done a sew along before ... I think this should be my first :) Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!