Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Project Run & Play Sew-Along Week 3: Sewing Through the Decades

I'm loving this new sew-along feature of Project Run & Play!  I was a bum and didn't participate last week.  There are seriously no little boys in my life and I didn't even think of putting the girls in something boyish like some of the contestants did...how funny and cute were they??  This week I was back on the horse with my entry for the "Sewing Through the Decades" challenge.  So, without further ado, I present to you my Mod 60s A-line dress!


I am in love with this look!  The fabric is vintage cotton straight from the 60s.  My BFFs scored it for me at an estate sale one day last summer and I have been waiting for the right opportunity to use it!



I love A-line dresses.  I think they're so timeless...until you make it out of a wild fabric like this, LOL.  But I still love it!  I cut a collar and faux button placket for the front that just scream 60s to me.


The back buttons with a simple button closure.



The dress is fully lined, partly to add stability to the aging fabric and partly because I like how nice it makes a dress feel.  


I also made the adorable matching knee socks.  What self-respecting 60s girl didn't have a pair of great knee socks?  These are brought a little into the 21st century with the addition of a matching ruffled top.  Seriously...all those toddler legs in knee socks...I die.


I did a quick matching headband because my girls are all about the headwear lately.  Mostly they like me to put them on so they can take them off and put it back on themselves...which always looks amazing :)


So there ya go!  I hope you like it!  If you really like it and want to make one for your own little 60s gal, I will be posting a tutorial early next week for the dress!  Now go to the PR&P flickr group and check out all the great looks!

10 comments:

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!