Monday, November 7, 2011

Busy, busy

It seems like that rush to the end of the year is really upon us.  I'm trying to keep things slow, but the weeks just fill up and fly by!

I worked on hemming a bunch of pants this weekend.  Not the most exciting work, but it helps pay the bills :)  My big project right now is a t-shirt quilt I'm making for a friend who is moving away.  She wants to remember her years at her job here so I'm taking t-shirts (she was a sports nurse at a local school) and turning them into a quilt.

I'm not going to do a tutorial per se on this project.  It's time consuming and labor intensive enough without adding photos and instructions for a tute!  I'll share some of my tips in another post, though.  For now, the top is done and it needs batting, backing, binding and quilting.  No big deal, right?  Hahahaha!  


I do take custom orders for the quilts if anyone is interested.  You send me your t-shirts and any special instructions and I'll get it done!  Pricing varies depending on size, but most run in the $175 - $200 range.  Contact me for more specifics!  

I should have another handmade Christmas tute for you sometime this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!