Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Back to health and a finished quilt

Just wanted to check in and let everyone know that our household is full of healthy people once again!  Wow, that was one terrible flu!  I'm so glad it came last week and not this week!  We have lots to do to get ready for Thanksgiving.  We'll be seeing my husband's side of the family, including a new nephew we haven't met yet!  Very excited about that!

After finally recovering from the flu, I managed to finish the t-shirt quilt I was making for my friend!  It turned out so cute!



Sorry for the terrible pic...it's amazingly hard to get a picture of a big blanket!  LOL.

Anyway, I'm happy with it and so was my friend, which is the most important thing.  She's moving to Michigan, so I backed it with some super snuggly fleece.  I also used the fleece to bind it, which was interesting.  I used this tutorial from Prudent Baby.  It was a fabulous tute and the easiest method for binding a quilt I've ever used.  The fleece made it a little tricky just because of the thickness.  If you use this method with fleece, I would recommend cutting the binding just a bit wider to help with the bulk.  It was hard to catch the back of the binding in the right spots.  It's a little wonky looking, but I'm probably the only one who will notice :) 


It was so cozy to work with, I might need one for myself...as soon as I recover from making this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!