Monday, October 31, 2011

Project Runway Season 9 (spoiler alert!)

If you haven't watched the finale of Project Runway, you may want to stop reading now :)  

Okay...everyone ready to continue?  So, what did you think of the finale?  I have to say, I was a little surprised that they let all of the final four contestants show during fashion week, especially since Anya's 3 piece mini collection was a bit of a mess.


The judges liked the dress on the left, but that bathing suit and cover up?  Seriously amateur hour stuff.  I didn't think the gown was quite as bad as the judges did, but it definitely needed help.  I swear the girl doesn't even know how to hem.  Anyway, she made it fashion week along with Kimberly, Viktor and Joshua.  

The final fashion show was pretty fun to watch!  I can't imagine how I would feel watching an entire collection of my designs go down the runway at Fashion Week!  The designers must have been freaking out!  Here were a few of my favorite looks:

The first dress Anya sent down the runway was probably one of my favorites.  I don't know that it's super wearable by the everyday girl with that plunging neckline, but the fabric is gorgeous and it makes me want to be dancing on a beach somewhere!



The other dress I liked by Anya is this pretty black and white number.  This one had a different neckline that I really liked (that was actually one of the judges' "issues" with her collection...too many similar silhouettes), and this one was quite pretty.


Also?  Her model is gorgeous.

I can't say I've been a huge fan of Joshua M during the season.  He's just a little brash for me and I usually hate his color palette.  I did think this dress was pretty and simple, although pretty much a copy of the orange one he did a few weeks ago, minus the huge corsage.



Kimberly did some nice work this season, and while I wasn't super in love with her final collection, this pant and blouse combo knocked me out.  I would wear this any day!


And finally, Viktor.  Wow.  This entire collection of prints that he made from his own photographs...wow.  So gorgeous.  And can you imagine how long that leather jacket on the far right took to make?  I definitely think Viktor was probably the strongest in the entire competition when it came to garment construction.



The judges complained that the other 5 pieces in his collection seemed a bit removed from these 5, so I think they had a problem with his cohesiveness.  The other pieces were a bit sheer for my taste, but these 5 were awesome.

In the end, Anya was declared the winner.  I think Josh M was pretty mad, but he was fairly graceful about it.  I felt Viktor had done the most during the season to be the winner, but the judges liked Anya's point of view and her sense of style.  

Overall, an enjoyable season to watch.  Can't wait until the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!