Wednesday, September 28, 2011

60s Inspired Dress

I have to say, I am a big fan of the mod look from the 60s!  I think A-lines are just so cute on little girls and those vintage-y floral prints??  Swoon-inducing.  I was given a big stack of old patterns and there were some seriously adorable little girl dress patterns that I just had to try!  Another favorite of mine is sewing with vintage sheets!  First off, you get a ton of "yardage," sometimes for just a couple bucks!  Secondly, the patterns cannot be beat.  The big, bright florals, funky patterns...it's so fun to hit the thrift store and see what you can find!  

I decided to try this little A-line dress and I love how it turned out.  I hate reading commercial patterns, and so I used the pattern pieces to get the basic size and shape of the dress and collar, but I fully lined it and basically used my own techniques for putting it together.  I added some fun little yo-yos with center buttons along the top collar and voila!  One adorable little 60s inspired dress! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!